View and download Attorney William Mulvey's CV.
William A. Mulvey, Jr. is a 1976 Cum Laude Graduate of Suffolk University Law School and was a member of the Law Review.
Mr. Mulvey is a principal in the Portsmouth, New Hampshire, law firm of Mulvey, Cornell & Mulvey. His practice is entirely devoted to civil litigation, arbitration, and mediation.
Mr. Mulvey has repeatedly been recognized as one of New Hampshire’s top attorneys, including the following awards and appointments:
- Special Master U. S. District Court
- Mediator U. S. District Court
- Chairperson NH Supreme Court Dispute Resolution Arbitration Subcommittee -- 20 years
- Lecturer on Civil Trial Practice and Dispute Resolution
- Recognized by Law Dragon as part of the "Top 500 Judges in America" on the Public or Private Bench
- Selected for the 2007 - 2019 Editions of "Best Lawyers in America"
- Selected for inclusion in “Best Lawyers in America”
- Recognized by New Hampshire Magazine as a “Top New Hampshire Attorney”
- AV Rated Attorney - Martindale Hubbell
- New Hampshire Mediator of the Year
- Recognized as a New England “Super Lawyer”
- US News & World Reports Top Tier Lawyer in America
Mr. Mulvey's civil litigation practice has and continues to involve the representation of plaintiffs and defendants, including individuals and corporations in complex, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death litigation. His current spectrum of cases includes product liability, professional malpractice, construction site injuries, motor vehicle accidents, and insurance coverage disputes. This representation has allowed him to gain an invaluable perspective for mediating and arbitrating disputes and has earned him a reputation as a true neutral. He has served as an Arbitrator/Mediator in private practice for more than 45 years.
Mr. Mulvey was admitted to practice law in 1976; he is a member of the New Hampshire and Vermont bars. In 1978, he gained Pro Hac Vice admission to the United States District Court, District of Maine, where he tried numerous asbestos jury trials in front of the Honorable Edward T. Gignoux and the Honorable Brock Hornsby during the 1980's. He also has gained Pro Hac Vice admission to the United States District Court, District of Massachusetts, where he most recently litigated and settled a maritime wrongful death claim. He has litigated catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases in New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts and Maine.
Mr. Mulvey has tried in the Federal District Courts the following types of matters: ERISA litigation, business venture disputes, termination of automobile franchise, fire/explosion litigation, and toxic/product liability litigation.