Car accidents can result in tragic and devastating injuries. Being aware of the common causes of car accidents, you can help prevent the occurrence of accidents on the road. If someone else's negligent acts result in an accident; however, you deserve to collect compensation. Mulvey, Cornell & Mulvey can help in investigating your case and holding the negligent party responsible. The top five causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving- there are countless outside factors that can distract drivers and this is the leading cause of accidents in the United States. Examples of distracted driving include:
- Texting while driving
- Talking on the phone
- Eating while driving
- Changing the radio station
- Reading maps
- Speeding and Aggressive Driving- ignoring the speed limit and driving aggressively are common ways to cause an accident. Driving fast lessens the amount of time you have to react to situations on the road and makes it easier to lose control of the car. Maneuvering aggressively is also very dangerous and puts others on the road at risk.
- Driving Under the Influence- consuming drugs or alcohol can lessen your ability to focus which affects your ability to function and operate a vehicle safely.
- Car Problems- all too often people fail to maintain their car and problems with brakes, tires and other car parts can result in serious accidents.
- Weather Conditions- rain, snow, hail, ice and fog can hinder a person's ability to drive safely. It is important to travel at the speed that the weather conditions allow and do not continue driving if the conditions are really bad.
There are innumerable factors that can lead to a car accident. If you have suffered from a car accident due to another person's negligence, team up with a New Hampshire car accident lawyer from our firm for help. Contact Mulvey, Cornell & Mulvey now to set up your free case evaluation!